Next Professional Development Meeting: April 8, 2021 - 7:00 PM
In this new environment ASCM Lehigh Valley is proud to offer learning opportunities virtually. We value the safety of our members and their families.
For the April PDM we will be offering a course through Linkedin Learning focusing on transitioning from management to leadership.
The New Age of Risk Management Strategy for Business
A slew of factors are set to change the business landscape over the next few decades. AI, social media, globalization, and other developments have introduced risks that CEOs, business owners, or anyone responsible for business continuity must grapple with. In this course, Dan Weedin shares a practical approach to risk management, helping you think strategically about some of the most pressing risks of the 21st century. Learn how to protect your assets, people, and valuation from risks introduced by globalization and emerging technologies such as autonomous vehicles. Learn how climate change and extreme weather can hurt businesses, explore the issues introduced by cryptocurrency, learn how insurance may change in the future and why it's important to business leaders, and more.
- Recall the detrimental effects a BOT attack can have on a company’s customer database.
- Recognize which individuals companies frequently fail to include in mid-crisis actions.
- Determine how Google Alerts can help a company protect itself against threats.
- Identify a threat that is least likely to cause a company financial harm.
- Define “culture shock” in the context of business operations.
- Name a type of leader that often uses their position for personal prestige rather than performing their roles.
- Predict what will happen with business insurance as technology evolves.
Next Plant Tour